My Charlotte Area Home Worth
What I Need to Do Now!
5 Do It Yourself - Home-Staging ideas
5 cheap home-staging ideas
In our area, values are changing…when you’re preparing to sell your home, you want it to look its best so it can command the best price. That’s where home staging comes in.
On TV people are given $2,000 to transform their homes. Or, you could hire a professional stager to prepare the home for prospective buyers — at a cost of anywhere from $50 to $250 per hour, in our area.
Fortunately, homeowners can take matters into their own hands for a lot less money. Here are a few ideas…
1) Clear off dining room and other tables for a clean centered look. Think about adding 1 centerpiece to the primary table as a focal point.
2) Remove extra furniture from the room. You want the room to be walkable and easy to get to every chair from a variety of locations.
3) Make the beds everyday. Think of adding some decorative pillows with a theme or focal color for each room. Hint: don’t use too many colors.
4) Reduce the number of items in your shower and tub areas. Leave out only 1 or 2 items knowing that people will be walking thru your private areas.
5) Garage areas should be swept our, neat and tidy! While a garage is not a primary focal point, if it wreaks of gas, oil or cleaning products that can leave a negative impression.
For a handy list of items that can help you prepare to sell please complete the information request!
Thanks! Your inquiry was sent successfully.